A Leading Boutique Agency for PR/Media Relations, Radio Promotions, Digital Marketing, Streaming Promotions, Content Creation and Artist Management (U.S.)
Specializing in Pop/EDM, Urban and other genres of music. Affiliated with the wholly owned publishing entity, EMILY TAN MUSIC PUBLISHING (ASCAP).
Helping Artists Achieve Their Goals & Realize Their Dreams since 1990.
ABOUT EMILY TAN MEDIA RELATIONS
Full-Service PR/Media Relations, Promotions, Radio Promotions, Digital Marketing, Streaming Promotions, Content Creation and Artist Management Agency. Established (New York City, U.S.) in 1990. Affiliated with the wholly owned publishing entity, EMILY TAN MUSIC PUBLISHING (ASCAP).
Helping Artists Achieve Their Goals & Realize Their Dreams since 1990.
ALL LIVING THINGS
ALY & FILA
ARMIN ONLY INTENSE (ALDA EVENTS)
ARMIN VAN BUUREN
ATB (KONTOR Records)
BARCODE NJ (NIGHTCLUB)
BLACK HOLE RECORDINGS
BRUSSELS AIRLINES (TOMORROWLAND OFFICIAL PARTNER)
BT (BRIAN TRANSEAU)
DEEP TECH LOS ANGELES RECORDS
The EAST SIDE BOYZ
ENFERNO (DJ for MADONNA)
ESTEE LAUDER COMPANIES
GHOSTFACE KILLAH (WU-TANG CLAN)
GIORGIO ARMANI CORP.
JESSA LE CARRE
LIZ CLAIBORNE, INC.
MARO MUSIC (MAREK WALASZEK, founder BETTERMAKER PRO AUDIO)
MARQUEE NEW YORK
MARQUEE NIGHTCLUB & DAYCLUB LAS VEGAS
MATISSE & SADKO
MISTER LADY UK
NEW WORLD PUNX
NOA | AON
OSCAR DE LA RENTA
PIONEER DJ ARTMIX 2013, 2011
RAEKWON (WU-TANG CLAN)
SPREAD LOVE NOT COVID TOUR
TOMMY LEE (Mötley Crüe) & DJ AERO
UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (AUSTRALIA)
UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (LATIN AMERICA)
UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP (U.S.)
WELLNESS 4 HUMANITY
EMILY TAN on-air at Dash Radio
EMILY TAN Media Relations in the news...
Earned media / editorial coverage achieved for the agency's clients.
Leading industry outlet EDM.com reports breaking-news on Wellness4Humanity's "Spread Love Not COVID" Tour and details the company's groundbreaking system of rapid onsite COVID-19 testing, and soon, administration of F.D.A.-approved COVID-19 vaccine(s).
Leading EDM music producer and award-winning mix/mastering engineer MARO MUSIC speaks with EDM.com about his music in the hottest new global video game, Cyberpunk 2077.
"THE WENDY WILLIAMS SHOW"
In a first-ever for the EDM world, Armin van Buuren appears as a couch guest on the highest-rated daytime talk show, "The Wendy Show" hosted by Wendy Williams and syndicated to broadcast & cable TV across the U.S.
"MORE LAS VEGAS," KVVU-TV (FOX-5 TV, LAS VEGAS)
EDC Vegas Week 2019, May 17th, 2019
Broadcast TV program "More Las Vegas" has trance DJ/producer Andrew Rayel in-the-studio for a LIVE interview on its morning show about Rayel's EDC (Electric Daisy Carnival) Las Vegas performance taking place that week.
IHEARTRADIO, WKTU-FM RADIO (NEW YORK), THE REMIX TOP30 COUNTDOWN
Hip-hop legend, actor & cultural icon ICE-T visits iHeartRadio's studios in New York City to record a special 4-hour "Thanksgiving Holiday" session with radio personality and 'Remix Top30 Countdown' host Sean "Hollywood" Hamilton.
Top dance music outlet DancingAstronaut sits down with Bruno Martini about his new full-length studio album, Original (Universal Music), his latest gold-record-selling singles, working with Timbaland and more.
UK-based music authority, WootMag, spotlights the accomplishments of rising-star singer/songwriter, ELIANA, with the release of the artist's new single, "So Much For Love."
DJ authority and leading listing and reference guide, TheDJList, sits-down with Las Vegas kingpin, Wooddrowe (Lee Vlastaris, aka DJ Hollywood) to talk about the latest evolution of his 20+ year career in dance music.
Go-to blog for every EDM tracklist under the sun, 1001Tracklists, spotlights the ascending Canadian trance music future-star, Maurya Sevak, in this one-on-one interview.
Global superstar MARKUS SCHULZ stops-by Nexus Radio (an iHeartRadio partner) during Miami Music Week 2022 to talk about his latest releases, projects, shows...and more.
DJ LIFE MAGAZINE
Esteemed music journalist and former DJ Times Magazine editor-in-chief, Jim Tremayne, sits down with the techno DJ/producer, Mister Lady, to discuss her music, studio production and the ins-and-outs of clubbing in San Francisco versus Berlin.
Platinum-selling recording artist, DJ and mix/mastering engineer, MARO, sits down with EDM.com to talk about his new studio album, REJECTS. The "audio visual" project boasts WU-TANG CLAN founding members, GHOSTFACE KILLAH and RAEKWON on the album, in addition to DEADLY HUNTA and other music and gaming heavyweights.
"We got Emily Tan rollin' with us, you know, number-one PR person in all of music. So she's gettin' us all the press......I try to work towards greatness."
Ice-T - celebrity icon, actor, rap legend, music producer
"Emily Tan is extremely passionate about life and she gives total dedication to her work. Emily's always so full of positive energy! It was a joy having her on my team. She's like a lion when she's fighting for you."
Armin van Buuren - DJ, music producer
"Emily Tan was my publicist (for my DJ project with Aero) and she works really hard!!! We're still good friends to this day. Emily's got a sick drive and energy and she just won't quit! She's great to have around!"
Tommy Lee (Mötley Crüe) - drummer, musician, DJ
Endorsements from Media Professionals
"Emily is 'bar none' the best EDM Publicist I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I’m not a fan of the saying “they gave 100%” because that’s just plain impossible but Emily comes close. Her dedication, attention to detail, commitment and the “client comes first above all else” mentality that she delivers is legendary. Our work with Emily can extend into many days in a row and she has relentless commitment and energy on the last day for her clients as she did on the first day. Simply amazing! She actually sets the bar too high! Emily no doubt is the 'Queen of EDM'!"
Ian Howfield - Executive Producer, "Vegas Vibe," NBC-TV
"If you are lucky enough to work with Emily, she will change the way you feel about public relations forever. It was a pure thrill covering the launch of Armin Van Buuren's Intense tour here in Los Angeles. She was able to give our TV station incredible access needed to make a great video piece for our broadcast and online. The segment was one of the most viewed and shared stories so far this year, and one that can carry our station's initiatives in covering the positive aspect of the EDM scene. I was thrilled to see her again shortly after Armin's tour when we covered Markus Schulz's announcement of Scream II in Hollywood. Her communication and follow-up was top notch professional. I want more! MORE!!! Thank you Emily--see you next time you're in LA."
Patrick O'Brien - Digital Director, KTTV Fox Television Stations
"Emily is one of the best individuals in the business. She's smart, organized and very professional. I wish there were more people like her. It was a real pleasure to work with her."
Francisco Quijada - SPOTIFY Project Manager, former Producer NBCUniversal and Viacom
"Working with Emily is an experience like no other. Her professionalism, business ethic and consistent communication is superb for a radio professional like myself. I've had the opportunity to work with Emily in multiple occasions and she always delivers above and beyond all expectations. The roster of individuals she represents speaks volumes, but her passion and dedication to her clients and business is what stands out the most and it is valued tremendously."
Hector "DJ CO1" Minjarez - Programming (Entercom, Las Vegas); National Mixshow DJ (Zach Sang Show, Westwood One
"Emily’s a pro. From her long list of diverse, industry connections to her ability to see any project thru, Emily delivers the goods, both for clients and media outlets."
Jim Tremayne - Editor-In-Chief, DJ Times Magazine & DJTimes.com
"Emily Tan [is] a renowned print journalist, publicist, and an all-out music industry beast...we are staunch supporters of Em and vice versa."
Jason Heffler - Editor, EDM.com
"Emily Tan is am amazing Publicist. My team and I have had the pleasure of working with her over the past few years and she really knows the industry inside and out. She is extremely professional, caring, and passionate in helping her artists get the coverage they need to take their careers to the next level. Get her on your team ASAP! You won't regret it."
Denice Dal Braccio - Founder & CEO, EDM World Magzine
"Emily Tan is one of the most respected publicists in the industry. Owning a media outlet it's important that your PR partners do more than send generic press releases. Emily takes the time to not only earn media for her clients but to ensure it satisfies what our publication and dedicated audience are looking for. Will gladly continue working with Emily Tan knowing she will always deliver above expectations."
Thomas Cozzens - Founder & Digital Marketing Specialist, Amplifi LLC
"Emily is the definition of a professional. Willing to take the time to actually get to know you as a person instead of just an email address. Worked with her on multiple guest mixes for our website as well as lining up interviews, press releases on new tracks & event coordinating with her clients. Glad to have worked/continue to work with her!"
Nick White - Editor & Journalist, EDMSAUCE
"Emily is a world class publicist in a class of her own. Professional, timely, punctual and reliable. Not only does she clearly outshine others in a crowded marketplace, but the personal connection makes the business connection even more meaningful. Not only does she represent global titans in the music industry, she's simply everywhere. Emily was one of the first major relationships we made in the music industry, and simply connecting with her opened other doors. She remains one of our strongest relationships to this day and will remain a friend for a lifetime."
Brett Napoli - Founder & CEO, Ambition Insight
"To find a great publicist in our industry is tough and to find a gem is rare. Emily's a double diamond, why? Not only does she get all the heavy hitters into our studios but she's remarkable on getting the word out with every one of our events."
Sean "Hollywood" Hamilton - Radio Personality/Air-Talent & Programmer, WKTU-FM Radio (New York), Remix Top30, iHeartRadio
IN-THE-FIELD WITH THE ARTISTS
Emily Tan with JES (singer/songwriter Jes Brieden) at Miami Music Week, Miami, FL, 2019
PRESS & INDUSTRY EVENTS
The agency's founder, EMILY TAN (pictured with then-client, THE EAST SIDE BOYZ), hosting an invitation-only press event at the award-winning Betsy Hotel in South Beach Miami during WMC | Winter Music Conference / Miami Music Week.
photo: Rachel Golden
SPOTIFY'S "DANCE RISING," "MINT," "FRIDAY CRATEDIGGERS" PLAYLISTS...
& INDEPENDENT CURATOR PLAYLISTS...
SPOTIFY PLAYLIST CURATION, CONTINUED...
EMILY TAN MEDIA RELATIONS: BUILDING PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIPS THAT LAST A LIFEIME
Pictured: Long-time colleague and close friend, Sean "Hollywood" Hamilton being inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame.
LIVE PERFORMANCE & TOUR PUBLICITY
A tireless tour-publicist in the EDM/pop music field for well over three-decades, EMILY TAN responds when asked why she works so hard: "It's for that feeling you can't replace!"
(Photo: Doug van Sant, Alive Coverage 2021.)
Artist development, branding and image-making from conceptualization through final execution.
Pictured: Internationally recognized electronic dance music producer, DJ, record label owner (Coldharbour Recordings) and all-around fantastic human, MARKUS SCHULZ, in his element onstage at CREAMFIELDS.
EMILY TAN MEDIA RELATIONS
Scope-of-services provided by EMILY TAN MEDIA RELATIONS. All campaigns are tailored for each individual client’s needs and budget:
* REAL-TIME PROJECT TRACKING -- real-time project tracking (cloud-based) in dedicated client "PR grids" for full agency accountability & transparency so each client knows exactly what's being worked-on, in real-time.
* ARTIST DEVELOPMENT -- end-to-end coordination of image and branding including photoshoot with wardrobe and stylist, expert branding and fashion guidance, graphic design and business counseling.
* ARTIST MANAGEMENT - full-service artist management for select long-term clients (>1 year commitment). Includes incubation from concept inception through PR/promotional campaigns and continuing up through LIVE performances.
* SPOTIFY PROMOTIONS - working to promote your Spotify releases to maximize organic plays and discovery of your music.
* YOUTUBE PROMOTIONS - working to promote your YouTube videos to maximize organic views, SEO, and exposure of your audio/video content.
* APPLE MUSIC PROMOTIONS - working to drive music-lovers to your releases.
* TIKTOK PROMOTIONS - working to help expose your music to new fans.
* LABEL & DISTRIBUTION DEALS - working to get your music signed, released and distributed via a leading internationally recognized record label in business since 1997.
* TOUR SUPPORT – pitching to local media outlets, per market, in advance of artist’s tourdates (i.e. for preview coverage to help sell tickets) and/or post-show editorial review coverage.
* ONSITE INTERVIEWS - arranging onsite interviews, social media content, and/or photos/videos (i.e. for review coverage post-performance).
* RADIO SERVICE - servicing of singles to FM, satellite and streaming/digital radio in the U.S. & World.
* RADIO MIXSHOW SYNDICATION – pitching and placement of artist-produced weekly RADIO mixshows (U.S. & World).
* PLAYLISTING – servicing official releases to the PLAYLISTS of the major streaming services (i.e. SPOTIFY, SOUNDCLOUD, TWITCH, YOUTUBE, etc.)
* PLAYLISTING to RADIO MIXSHOWS – pitching and placement of artist-produced singles/releases to RADIO mixshows (FM radio, digital radio, satellite radio, etc.)
* RADIO EVENTS, IN-STUDIO VISITS & LIVE BROADCASTS – pitching IN-STUDIO visits and/or IN-STUDIO performances at RADIO station studios; executing meet/greets with fans onsite at RADIO stations, hosting contests and sweepstakes/promotions with RADIO stations; etc. Participating in “LIVE REMOTE” broadcasts from festivals, clubs or other remote locations. Purpose is to build and maintain artist’s identity with key RADIO programmers.
* INFLUENCERS - pitching to social media influencers (i.e. SPOTIFY, INSTAGRAM, etc.)
* RECORD POOLS – servicing to global digital record pool(s) reaching over 50,000 active paying members. Includes feedback and analytics reporting.
* DIGITAL MEDIA – pitching the artist’s single(s), releases, upcoming performances (etc.) to all digital media, including blogs, Internet-based radio, Internet-based video channels, online streaming services, etc.
* SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT (SMM) – working to organically grow an artist's followers and fan interaction via the leading social media platforms (i.e. INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, TIKTOK, YOUTUBE, SPOTIFY, etc.)
- WEB DEVELOPMENT - artist-focused websites from conceptualization to design & implentation, through to monthly web-hosting. SEO (search-engine optimization), e-commerce and multi-media options available.
* PRINT MEDIA – pitching the artist’s single(s), releases, upcoming performances (etc.) to all print media, including print newspapers, print magazines, etc.
* TV/TELEVISION – pitching the artist’s single(s), releases, upcoming performances (etc.) to broadcast, cable, on-demand and/or online streaming services.
* OVERALL PUBLICITY - publicizing the artist’s album, EP, compilation, remix, singles and/or live performances/concerts/tours to all forms of media. Includes “CAUSE-RELATED MARKETING” if the artist is involved in any nonprofit work with charity organizations.
* INDUSTRY ORGANIZATIONS – working with music and entertainment industry organizations.
* CONTENT CREATION - writing and issuing of press releases and composing of all promotional verbiage.
* PROMOTERS – working in conjunction with event promoters to maximize press coverage at the events where the artist is scheduled to perform. Includes interaction with fans (i.e. meet/greets, contests, etc.) Select dates will be agreed-upon with artist management in advance.
* WIRE SERVICE DISTRIBUTION – distributing across the U.S. “wide” via satellite wire service of official, approved press releases and reporting of related analytics.
* LIVESTREAMING & VIRTUAL "LIVE" EVENTS – producing events for mutually agreed-upon promotions in select markets including all aspects of pre-press, onsite press and post-event media coverage. (Additional budgets may apply.)
* ADVERTISING & MEDIA-BUYS – negotiating for the best pricing, overseeing artwork creation and placement and executing advertising-spends in digital, broadcast and print media.
* LIAISE with EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE MANUFACTURERS -- liaising with industry manufacturers on behalf of artist seeking product, sponsorship, event participation or other involvement.
* FEE STRUCTURE – Minimum term is 8-months. Retainer fees are non-refundable. Billing periods begin on the 1st day of each month. Invoices are due on the 1st day of each month for services rendered in that month. (Monthly invoices are issued on the 20th day of the preceding month.) Example: On March 20th, invoices “due April 1st” are generated for services rendered in the period April 1st—30th. On April 20th, invoices “due May 1st” are generated for services rendered in the period May 1st—31st, and so on.
Please contact us for a pricequote and to discuss a tailored campaign, below.